How fitting. It just so happens to be Sister’s Day today, and without knowing it, my older sister and I have been texting each other all morning these ridiculous pictures of ourselves when we were younger for a good laugh (her being in Maryland, me in NYC).
They are going to kill me for posting these pics, but whatevs. Little sisters do adorably annoying things like that to show their love, right?!
Clearly by the look on my face I have no clue what’s going on. Kinda how my dog looks at me sometimes.
At our aunt’s house (that’s my cousin far left – she will hate this too ;))
In the Philippines on a sabbatical with the whole fam. I’m talking grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
Anyways lol, here is a quick list of ten reasons why my older sisters are THE BEST!
1) We are completely different and encourage each other to be, yet they are still my best friends.
2) They know I’m seriously ridiculous and but they think me and my girlfriends are the coolest regardless.
3) I can call them any time, day or night, and they are always there to listen.
4) My mom used to dress us in matchy match outfits, looking back at least I’m not the only one saying, “WHAT AM I WEARING?!”
5) April is meticulously responsible and organized. I can always gauge whether an impulse purchase is or isn’t worth it by the look on her face when we’re shopping. I totally appreciate that, my pockets appreciate that! She is also extremely extremely thoughtful and sweet as pie. Speaking of pie, she bakes delicious pies from scratch.
6) Dianedra marches to the beat of her own drum. It’s inspired me to carve my own path. Having owned her own restaurant, girl can COOK! And she can make anyone feel right at home in her presence.
7) Both extremely smart and business savvy, they are also two of the most versatilely creative and artistic people I know. So they pretty much rock!
8) Laughter is the best medicine and they make me LAUGH!
9) Some of my best memories in life have been shared with them, with many more to come.
10) They are the epitome of what a “big sis” is, and I am forever grateful.
Happy Sister’s Day. I LOVE YOU!